Friday 20 February 2015

Shoot No.1 Work Record

In today's lesson, i did my first shoot for my personal project. This shoot was on location in London and my main focus was to look at tourist attractions therefore i looked at places such as House of Parliament, Big Ben etc. Also i wanted to focus on people around the tourist attractions as it can be busy therefore allowing me to get various shots to then combine like photographer Pep Ventosa who was one of my inspiration for this shoot. 

This is one of my images from my first personal shoot looking at multiple images. To create this photograph  i took various photographs of a large crowd of tourist walking in various direction across the composition. Then when editing the photograph, i placed all the images on top of each other and changed the opacity to 20%. This allowed me to see all the layers at once. I then edited them to be black and white as this gave the photograph different tones to show some movements to be strong and more dominant than others. Also it made the figure almost look ghostly which is portraying that, that person is no longer in that place.

If i was to do this photograph again, i would like to layer more photographers to create a much more distorted look to the photograph by just slightly being able to identify the figures which are in the photograph as they are fairly clear in this example. 

This is another one of my images from my first personal shoot looking at multiple images. Like my photograph above i used to the same technique which as taking various photograph of the subject however in this case i had to move the camera opposed to the actual subject moving. Then when editing the photograph, i placed all the images on top of each other and changed the opacity to 20%. This allowed me to see all the layers at once. I then edited them to be black and white which gave the photograph a haunted, ghostly look. 

If i do this photograph again, i would like to incorporate some of the colour on the building such as gold as as i feel that this would stand out from the black and white in the majority of the building.

I was inspired to do this shoot by the photograph Pep Ventosa who looks at large subjects such as London Bridge and then layering the images on top of each other to show the various movements around it. Also i was inspired by Idris Khan to edit them in black and white as i liked the idea of making famous tourist attraction look haunted and ghostly.


Image result for pep ventosa

Image result for idris khan
As a result of this shoot, i would like to look at experimenting more with people and multiple images as this is something which i enjoyed within this shoot, and felt look most effective with the technique which  i used. Also following on from looking at movement, i would  like to see whether i could incorporate animation into a multiple images piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment